Saturday 23 April 2016

Q1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Q1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Here is my blog on conventions of a thriller; within the research that I did I looked at some previous AS media students work and observed what they put, I then researched a few definitions related to conventions of a thriller. This helped me to understand the genres and sub genres and allowed me to put this into practice on my main task – horror thriller opening ‘SHORTCUT’. We as a group thought that some thrillers took place in a very natural environment and so we used our nearby surroundings like the location we chose to our advantage to create the setting and scene of our film.


This had an impact on my final film because it allowed me and my group to assess the background to our film and see whether it made sense and had a realistic feel to it. Therefore the pre-production stage was massive in terms of the creation of the film and together our ideas were put as one and we progressed to the production stage.

This is a screenshot of our film on the Tupton Hall Media YouTube channel. This is the official film release on the internet, whenever you are free please don’t hesitate on viewing our film. As you can see it is nearly two and a half minutes long, within a good time zone where it keeps the audience attached without losing any of their attention.
My film is based on a schizophrenic teenager called Max and takes a shortcut home where he comes across something rather unusual, but what is it? In our film we like to keep our audience guessing therefore have the sub genre of mystery.






This is the storyboard for our film, it contains the different varying scenes during our film, this is also my blog which contains more information on this final film as well as my preliminary and other set tasks. Link to my storyboard -





No comments:

Post a Comment